[Mediawiki-l] Moving a wiki

W. w at slorg.com
Mon Sep 18 11:18:11 UTC 2006

hi,

if you create an sql dump of your old database structure (and data
obviously) and import it to your new server and copy over your
LocalSettings.php to the new installation directory, you will have an
identical copy of "wiki A". you can use phpMyAdmin to create sql dumps of
your database.

if you had file/image uploads open you might want to move the upload
directory (images if you haven't changed) to the new installation directory
aswell.

[this is what i did with my installation when i moved servers, there might
be a better and automated way of doing it.]

regards
w.