[Mediawiki-l] Creating a new page template

matt bravo mbravo53 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 01:13:10 UTC 2006

Hello all,

I have Media wiki setup and have been using it to collaborate for a few
months now and I love it.

We have noticed that we tend to create pages that very similar in form (like
section headings, initial content, etc..) and organization.

Is there a way to create a php page that has some built in template features
like maybe drop downs of section heading options
and some default text so that when we want to create a new wiki page we can
just go to this page, enter the title and make a few selections
and it creates a new wiki page when submitted?

I assume there must be a way to hook into the php functions that handle new
page creation, anyone ever done anything like this?

Thanks in advance,
matt