[Mediawiki-l] How to set up page owners

Morten Blaabjerg morten at crewscut.com
Thu Sep 7 23:13:48 UTC 2006

James,

Why would you need to implement this kind of solution in the software?

In our wiki we have pages, which are usually edited by just one or a few
people, but we do this simply out of agreement - just like it's consensus
not to edit other people's userpages on Wikipedia. Sometimes the best
solutions are the ones where the technical stuff doesn't get in the way. I
find wikis to be so strong (contrary to most CMS-systems), because it relies
so heavily on trusting users to figure out not just to input the content of
the wiki, but also to figure out amongst themselves, collaboratively, how to
organize the content, along the way as they go.

Just my 2 cents.

Best wishes,
Morten
http://morten.crewscut.com