[Mediawiki-l] page cache

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Tue Sep 5 03:57:45 UTC 2006

> From: "Kasimir Gabert" <kasimir.g at gmail.com>
>
> You probably want to add a purge tab on the top of every article, and
> if an article with dynamic content expires then a user may press
> "purge".

Better yet, if you KNOW you have dynamic content -- as in an
extension -- you can add page-cache-nullifying PHP code to the
extension itself. If you can't find it by searching the archives, let
me know, and I'll try to dig it up for you. I verified it with a
"fortune" extension that runs the UNIX fortune(1) program each time
the extension is invoked.

:::: Express your individuality through brand-name conformity! ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.VeggieVanGogh.com/::::