[Mediawiki-l] Installation not recognizing mysql or connecting with postgresql

David Jacobs dbjacobs at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 03:51:58 UTC 2006

Okay, so when I used the $root/wiki/config/index.php file to install
the MediaWiki software on my G4, it didn't recognize that I have
MySQL installed (I have 5.0.24.) So I decided to just go with
postgresql, which is also installed. I entered the correct db info,
and under "database host" put localhost. I get the following:
PHP 5.0.5 installed
Found database drivers for: PostgreSQL
PHP server API is apache; ok, using pretty URLs (index.php/Page_Title)
Have XML / Latin1-UTF-8 conversion support.
PHP is configured with no memory_limit.
No zlib support.
Neither Turck MMCache nor eAccelerator nor APC are installed, can't
use object caching functions
Found GNU diff3: /usr/bin/diff3.
Couldn't find GD library or ImageMagick; image thumbnailing disabled.
Installation directory: /Library/WebServer/Documents/wiki
Script URI path: /wiki
Environment checked. You can install MediaWiki.
Generating configuration file...
Database type: PostgreSQL
Attempting to connect to database server as xxxxx... error: No
database connection
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
ElAmericano