[Mediawiki-l] Mediawiki clusters

Daniel J McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Tue Jun 20 16:55:05 UTC 2006

> > I thought Wikimedia uses MySQL replication, not clustering.  MySQL
> > clustering uses main memory to store tables.  Somehow I don't think
> > the
> > Wikimedia servers have that much memory.

[...]
> On the other hand, our access pattern would not like distributed
> database that much as there're quite a lot of batch reads.
> We already solve the 'clustering' by simply having replicated sets of
> database nodes working with different workloads / patterns if needed.
> We're quite happy with current setup, I guess ;-)

With replication, there is only one writeable node.  How do you force
mediawiki to do reads from replica #n and writes to the master?

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE #2495, CNX, CISSP #78281
Austin Energy

gpg Key: http://austinnetworkdesign.com/pgp.key
Key fingerprint = B527 F53D 0C8C D38B DCC7  901D 2F19 A13A 22E8 A76A