[Mediawiki-l] action=purge

a@kid a at kid632.org
Fri Jun 16 15:38:40 UTC 2006

I've noticed a change in the behaviour of adding action=purge to an
url in 1.6 ... it now sometimes displays a form asking the user if
they want to clear the page's cache? I can't get it to repeat
consistently. Sometimes it displays and sometimes it does not. i've
searched the archives and mediawiki.org, but can't find any mentions
of this.

A couple of quick questions:

When and why is the 'Do you want to clear the page's cache' form
displayed?

Is there a way of performing a purge without displaying this form?

Thanks in advance