[Mediawiki-l] Only allow "Sysop" account to grant sysop priv

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Tue Jun 13 02:37:06 UTC 2006

The Centerfielder wrote:
> Hmmm. Yes, I know. Perhaps I didn't phrase this correctly. Let me
> come at it from another angle. I'd like to be able to place accounts
> in a group which has all the abilities of the "sysop" group except
> for the ability to add or remove accounts to groups.

In the default configuration, that *is* the "sysop" group.

The sysop group does not confer the ability to add or remove accounts to groups
unless you've changed the default configuration. Only members of the
'bureaucrat' group have this ability in the default configuration.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)