[Mediawiki-l] Mediawiki installation

Robert rgoud at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 6 12:24:02 UTC 2006

Hi list,
I am trying to install mediawiki-1.6.5 on Solaris 9 sparc, please see the log from Mediawiki below:

Please include all of the lines below when reporting installation problems.

   PHP 5.0.4 installed
   PHP server API is apache2handler; ok, using pretty URLs (index.php/Page_Title)
   Have XML / Latin1-UTF-8 conversion support.
   PHP is configured with no memory_limit.
   No zlib support.
   Neither Turck MMCache nor eAccelerator are installed, can't use object caching functions
   GNU diff3 not found.
   Couldn't find GD library or ImageMagick; image thumbnailing disabled.
   Installation directory: /thirdparty/local/apache2/htdocs/wiki
   Script URI path: /wiki
   Environment checked. You can install MediaWiki.Generating configuration file...

   Database type: mysql
   PHP is linked with old MySQL client libraries. If you are     using a MySQL 4.1 server and have problems connecting to the database,     see http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/old-client.html for help.
   Attempting to connect to database server as ...success.
   Connected to 5.1.9-beta; You are using MySQL 4.1 server, but PHP is linked      to old client libraries; if you have trouble with authentication, see      http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/old-client.html for help.
      Error selecting database wikidb: 1044 Access denied for user ''@'aegdevd001' to database 'wikidb'

I am getting the following error:
Error selecting database wikidb: 1044 Access denied for user ''@'aegdevd001' to database 'wikidb'

I gave all the privileges to wiki user on wikidb database:
mysql> show grants for 'wiki'@'localhost';
| Grants for wiki at localhost                                                                                   |
| GRANT USAGE ON *.* TO 'wiki'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD '*A5DB2D927D6DF94DA5E1CE4B293AEAAB4D8304EA' |
| GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, LOCK TABLES ON `wiki`.* TO 'wiki'@'localhost'                         |
| GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `wikidb`.* TO 'wiki'@'localhost'                                                    |
| GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `wikidb`.`wikidb` TO 'wiki'@'localhost'

I am not understanding why the Mediawiki installation is failing, please help.

Thanks in advance
Raj                                       |