[Mediawiki-l] Enabling email notifications

Shivakumar GN shivakumar.gn at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 13:25:42 UTC 2006

Hi All,

I have a mediawiki installation (1.5.8) on which I wanted to enable email
notification. A user should get a notification mail whenever any of the
pages in his watchlist  changes. How do you I do this?

The Enotif site (http://www.wikipage.org/wikinaut/index.php/Enotif) says
that most of the features of Enotif are available in mediawiki (>1.5.6) and
recommeds use of mediawiki itself.

But the mediawiki (preferences page for sysop) does not provide the required
options. I found the webpages and the documentation on Enotif to be
confusing.

Please let me know incase any of you know of the same.

thanks and best regards
Shiv