[Mediawiki-l] Errors after MySQL 5.0 upgrade

andrew fabbro andrew at fabbro.org
Sat Jan 28 19:21:20 UTC 2006

I was running MediaWiki 1.4.4 on MySQL 4.1.  When I upgraded MySQL to 5.0,
any attempt to use the Wiki resulted in this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /data/www/localhost/htdocs/wiki/includes/ObjectCache.php on line 409

I tried deleting the rows in the objectcache and querycache tables, with no
luck.

I thought I'd try to upgrade to 1.5.6.  No luck - different error:

MediaWiki 1.5.6 installation

Please include all of the lines below when reporting installation problems.
Checking environment...

    * PHP 4.4.0-gentoo-r1: ok
    * PHP server API is apache2handler; ok, using pretty URLs (index.php/Page_Title)
    * Have XML / Latin1-UTF-8 conversion support.
    * PHP is configured with no memory_limit.
    * Have zlib support; enabling output compression.
    * Neither Turck MMCache nor eAccelerator are installed, can't use object caching functions
    * Found GNU diff3: /usr/bin/diff3.
    * Found ImageMagick: /usr/bin/convert; image thumbnailing will be enabled if you enable uploads.
    * Found GD graphics library built-in.
    * Installation directory: /data/www/localhost/htdocs/wiki
    * Script URI path: /wiki
    * Connecting to wikidb on localhost as root...success.
    * Connected to 5.0.18; using enhancements for mySQL 4.
    * Database wikidb exists
    * There are already MediaWiki tables in this database. Checking if updates are needed...
    * Granting user permissions...
      Query "GRANT DELETE,INSERT,SELECT,UPDATE ON `wikidb`.* TO 'wikiuser'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'mypassword'" failed with error code "Can't find any matching row in the user table".

Any suggestions???

Thanks,