[Mediawiki-l] Cannot edit pages: Fatal Error

FreeAll Support support at freeall.org
Sun Feb 19 00:07:49 UTC 2006

The URL: arkana.freeall.org/arkanapedia
It's in Hebrew...

The version of MediaWiki is the latest. I downloaded it this week. 1.5.5, I
think.

Version of PHP - 4.4.1 (according to control panel of the host)
MySQL version - 4.0.25-standard
Apache version - 1.3.34 (Unix)
Operating system  	Linux
Kernel version  	2.4.21-27.0.4.ELsmp
Machine Type  	i686
PERL version  	5.8.4
It's been installed for about a week,
I've done it through the automatic configuration - Uploaded it through FTP,
ran the appropriate file, checked Hebrew and that's about all of it.
It never worked OK.

Now, it finally saves the pages, but only after that message that keeps
coming.

I haven't done any customizations except editing some pages and changing the
logo link at LocalSettings.php

That's about it...

Nothing of what you said doesn't sound right, except from "something
broken"...

Because - I haven't changed any code, and couldn't be any mix cause the
installation is completely new, on a clean server...

Well, Thanks for anything!

Peleg.

-----

You still haven't provided basic background information such as:
* the URL to your site
* version of MediaWiki
* version of PHP
* version of anything else
* how long it's been installed
* how you installed
* whether it worked before and stopped working, or never worked
* if you've made any customizations to the configuration

> I hope the symptom is clear: I have a problem editing any of my wiki
> pages... it's a whole new wiki engine, and whenever I try to save a page I
> get this message:
> " Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: searchupdate in
> /home/freeall2/public_html/arkana/arkanapedia/includes/Article.php on line
> 2122"

The SearchUpdate class is defined in SearchUpdate.php, which is included
from
UpdateClasses.php, which is included from GlobalSettings.php, which is
included
long before this code is reached.

So, this shouldn't be possible unless:
* Something's broken
* The code was altered
* There's a bad mix of files from different versions, etc

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)