[Mediawiki-l] missing mysql.so during setup

Leandro Reis lreis04 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 14 00:18:50 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I'm having installation issues with MediaWiki 1.5.5. I am running on XP,
Apache Server 2.0.54 working OK, MySQL Server 5.0, PHP 5.1.2 Win32 unzipped
files. I can get to the page that tells me that I have to set up the wiki
first, but when I attemp to do that, i get:

Warning: dl() [function.dl]: Unable to load dynamic library './mysql.so' -
The specified module could not be found. in C:\Program Files\Apache
Group\Apache2\htdocs\mediawiki\install-utils.inc on line 17
Could not load MySQL driver! Please compile php --with-mysql or install the
mysql.so module.

I can't find this mysql.so anywhere in my local machine or on any web page.

Any help will be immensely appreciated,
Regards
Leandro Reis