[Mediawiki-l] How to generate a "Send this to a friend" link - revisited

Al Degutis al.degutis at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 13:47:14 UTC 2006

Looking through the list archives I came across the request of how to
create a "Send this to a friend" and this possible solution:

> Modify the skin with a link something like the following:
> <A HREF="mailto:?subject=the subject&body=the content you want there">
> Send to a friend</A>
>
> Change "the subject" to a MediaWiki function for the page title
> Change "the content you want there" to a MediaWiki function to output
> the url or the body text.

While it sounds simple enough, I don't have any experience with
MediaWiki internals to know what function to call for the page title
or to output the url or body text (body text preferred). Has anyone
attempted this?

Thanks
Al Degutis
http://www.skyinsight.com - astronomy