[Mediawiki-l] Importing (archiving) web pages into MediaWiki?

Forrest Aldrich forrie at forrie.com
Fri Dec 29 18:47:06 UTC 2006

I've seen a few products (mostly commercial) out there that do this;
however, it seems reasonable that such a functionality might be useful here.

Too often I run across really good articles on web pages that get
bookmarked, only later the actual site disappears.  In this case,
wouldn't it be "nice" to be able to import that page (and its elements)
for private use into MediaWiki, with full search capability.

Would be a great reference point.

Anyone thought of this?

_F