[Mediawiki-l] installed English UTF-8 in in MediaWiki, can only use ASCII

Martin G. old_school_junkie at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 27 14:53:03 UTC 2006

Although I installed MediaWiki 1.8.2 with English - UTF-8, I now can not use
special characters like Umlauts etc. I only get a blank page when I try to
enter such characters or try to search for them. The page source reads:

meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"

So where can I fix that? I just want to enter the characters directly from
the keyboard instead of maybe needing to enter codes.

cheers