[Mediawiki-l] Can't write config file, even after chmod a+w config

Andrew Stewart stewarta at nmrc.navy.mil
Mon Dec 18 21:13:58 UTC 2006

I'm trying to install mediawiki 1.6.8 on a remote web host.  I've
chmod'd the config directory with the appropriate permissions, yet
config/index.php still reports that it can't write the config file
and instructs me to change permissions on the config directory.

I'm wondering if the config script merely generates the
LocalSettings.php file and if so, whether I can simply import a
LocalSettings.php generated from another mediawiki installation.

--
Andrew Stewart
Research Assistant, Genomics Team

email: stewarta at nmrc.navy.mil