[Mediawiki-l] Upgrade 1.8.2 > 1.9alpha

Stephen Collins trib at acidlabs.org
Mon Dec 18 06:04:39 UTC 2006

I'm doing a pilot of MediaWiki for the company I work for, and in
order to use a couple of new extensions, it's apparent 1.9 is needed.

I've updated the code and successfully run the upgrade script, but
now can't get ANY pages to render.  I get the following error IF
$wgArticlePath = "$wgScript/$1":

Bad title
 From SMSpedia
Jump to: navigation, search

The requested page title was invalid, empty, or an incorrectly linked
inter-language or inter-wiki title. It may contain one or more
characters which cannot be used in titles.

Return to Main Page.

The URL that gets rendered is like this:

http://wikidev/smsp/index.php/Smsp/index.php/Smsp/index.php/Smsp/
index.php/Smsp/index.php/Smsp/index.php/Smsp/index.php/Smsp/index.php/
Smsp/index.php/Smsp/index.php/Smsp/index.php/Smsp/index.php/Smsp/
index.php/Smsp/index.php/Smsp/index.php/Smsp/index.php/Smsp/index.php/
Smsp/index.php

If I set $wgArticlePath = "$wgScript?title=$1" I get Firefox
returning an error indicating that redirects are misconfigured.

PHP is installed as a CGI (I have no control over this one) and
cgi.fix_pathinfo = 1.

I'm at a loss and will need to figure out how to downgrade to 1.8.2
if I can't manage this one.

I've checked this and other lists and can find one other user with
the same problem, but no apparent answer.

Any help gratefully accepted.

TIA

Steve