[Mediawiki-l] Auto logout due to inactivity causes lost changes while editing

Pranav Desai pranavadesai at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 00:29:46 UTC 2006

Hello All,

I am running the following versions:
MediaWiki: 1.8.2
PHP: 5.1.6 (apache2handler)
MySQL: 5.0.24a-Debian_9-log

I have anonymous edits disables, so users have to log in to edit the page.

includes/DefaultSettings.php
$wgGroupPermissions['*'    ]['createaccount']   = false;
$wgGroupPermissions['*'    ]['read']            = true;
$wgGroupPermissions['*'    ]['edit']            = false;
$wgGroupPermissions['*'    ]['createpage']      = false;
$wgGroupPermissions['*'    ]['createtalk']      = true;

The problem I am facing is that when you are editing a page and keep
the session open for a long time without any activity, it will logout
automatically and then when you try to save it, it will ask to login
again, losing all the changes I had made.

The only way I could recover the changes is by hitting the browser
back button and cut-pasting the changes.

Are there any settings that will disable this auto logout ?

I have some other wiki installations and I dont seem to have that
problem there. Have I missed some setting here.

Thanks for your time.

-- Pranav