[Mediawiki-l] Active Directory Integration

J Wolfgang Goerlich jwgoerlich at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 12:05:05 UTC 2006

Hello again,

Per this list's recommendations, I downloaded the LdapAuthentication
plugin 1.1b and followed the documentation at:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/LDAP_Authentication
http://bugzilla.wikipedia.org/attachment.cgi?id=2830&action=view

I added the PHP code to the LocalSettings.php file. Authentication
appears to work. However, the logon never redirects to the main page.
With $wgLDAPDebug = 2, I get the following output:

Entering validDomain
User is using a valid domain
Setting domain as: abctech.com
Entering getCanonicalName
Username isn't empty.
Munged username: Jwgoerlich
Entering userExists
Entering authenticate
Entering Connect

This looks about right, but no go. Any suggestions?

J Wolfgang Goerlich

The PHP code that I added to the LocalSettings is:

require_once( 'LdapAuthentication.php' );
$wgAuth = new LdapAuthenticationPlugin();
$wgLDAPDomainNames = array("abctech.com");
$wgLDAPServerNames = array("abctech.com"=>"dc7.abctech.com");
$wgLDAPUseLocal = false;
$wgLDAPUseSSL = array ("abctech.com"=>false);
$wgLDAPUseTLS = array ("abctech.com"=>true);
$wgLDAPSearchStrings = array("abctech.com"=>"Abctech\\USER-NAME");
$wgLDAPDebug = 2;