[Mediawiki-l] Help Adding the new edit buttons and character box

Christopher Merwin christopher.merwin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 09:41:25 UTC 2006

Hi,

I recently set up my own wiki and I was a little surprised that the
additional edit buttons and the special character box which appear on the
Wikipedia Edit Pages were not available in the standard MediaWiki
installation.  I've spent a few hours looking on line and through Meta to
find either the java code or a script file or anything on how to add these
features but with no luck (what I found was either conflicting or not
available).  There are a few Mediawiki-L posts from 2005 which discuss it
but not in any detail.

Does any one possibly know how to add the additional extra edit tool bar
buttons throughout your Wiki (not just on user-pages) and how to include the
'special character box'?

I'm new to MediaWiki and I would really love any feedback or thoughts anyone
might have!

Thank you very much for your help,

Chris