[Mediawiki-l] MathTEX revealed!

Taylor Ralston tralston555 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 03:45:26 UTC 2006

This message is to inform all of those unfortunate folk out there like
myself who have had so much trouble trying to get the MathTex rendering
engine up and going. My server didn't have OCaml installed, so I couldn't
compile the texvc executable. After many days of frustration, I found an
answer! (I can't say it'll work for everyone but it's worth a try...)

Go to http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Enable_TeX  and follow the directions.
If you don't have ocaml (try typing "ocaml" into your server's shell client)
then here's a simple solution (hopefully): Download the texvc program from
the wiki project
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=34373&package_id=111620and
place it in the /wiki/math folder. Then follow the rest of the
directions and cross your fingers.