[Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki-l Digest, Vol 35, Issue 78

Rolf Lampa rolf.lampa at rilnet.com
Thu Aug 31 00:15:48 UTC 2006

From: J?r?mie Bouillon <jeremie at shadowfrance.net>
Subject: Re: [Mediawiki-l] Index.php Removal

> Russ Lavoie wrote:
> >
> > This is what my URL looks like...
> > http://en.somedomain.com/index.php/Main_Page I want it to look like
> > http://en.somedomain.com <http://en.somedomain.com/>   if that is
> > possible.  Mostly I just want to get rid of the index.php in the URL.
>

> In your root, you install your MediaWiki in /w/
> In your root, you put a .htaccess with the rules indicated in the doc
> (or in Apache conf, if you can/know how to do that)
> Set $wgArticlePath = "/wiki/$1"; in LocalSettings.php
>
> It should work.

Is it supposed to work also for a (hosted) install in /w/ in a
sub-domain? ( like "edit.somedomain.org/w/  ). That is, does "root" in
the example above apply also when the root directory is
"edit.somedomain.org" ?

I never got it to work either, although I tried so many things according
to the instructions on meta. There must be something missing in the text
- or inside my head...

Regards,

// Rolf Lampa