[Mediawiki-l] parsing Allpages?

Rob Church robchur at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 18:22:24 UTC 2006

On 26/08/06, Juhana Sadeharju <kouhia at nic.funet.fi> wrote:

> Hello. For my wikiget program I cannot figure out how to parse the Allpages.
> The exact url (given by Special:Allpages with Main namespace + Go button) is:
>   http://www.nwn2wiki.org/index.php?title=Special%3AAllpages&from=&namespace=0
> (Other downloaded namespaces are 4, 6 and 14.)

If this is for your wiki, then you can easily write a script which
queries the databae for all page titles within a particular namespace.
Calculating the URL for each page is then a trivial matter. This could
even be done as a special page accessible to machine processes (giving
raw or other output, e.g. XML) - and the BotQuery extension probably
already provides this, or something like it.

If this is for a Wikimedia wiki, then we provide title data as part of
our SQL/XML dump service; see http://download.wikimedia.org.

Rob Church