[Mediawiki-l] HTTP 403 Errors

Peter Flindt (Lastwebpage) lastwebpage at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 21:09:08 UTC 2006

> On 25/08/06, Lastwebpage Peter Flindt
> <lastwebpage at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Subsequent attempts to edit and save the page fails. Open the page to
>> edit is possible, but save fails on subsequent attemps.

> I've heard something quite similar to this before, once or twice. The
> problem turned out to be use of mod_security, and certain key phrases
> in the saved text; the module was detecting them as false positives,
> thought that some l33t script kiddie was trying it on, and closed
> ranks with a swift 403...

> ...could this be happening here?

> Rob Church

Thanks for this tip with the mod_security, yes that could be the
reason.
Unfortunately we have no directly acces to the server configs and its
weekend so we cant contact the admin at the moment, therefore I can
give you a feedback if this was the reason soonest in the middle of the
next week. ;-)

regards
Peter

--