[Mediawiki-l] MW 1.7.1, SkinTemplate.php, and viewcount

Reynolds, Matt mreynolds at europe.ea.com
Tue Aug 22 15:12:37 UTC 2006

Hi

I have been using 1.5.5 with an extension that hooked
ParserBeforeTidy to add some HTML to the end of each article.

Since upgrading to 1.7.1 I have noticed the HTML I add in the callback
is also
rendered with "This page has been accessed N times." Looking through the
MW 1.7.1 code
I found in SkinTemplate.php line 315:

$tpl->set('viewcount', wfMsgExt( 'viewcount', array( 'parseinline' ),
$viewcount ) );

I have worked around the problem locally by changing the line back to:

$tpl->set('viewcount', wfMsg( "viewcount", $viewcount ));

Is this a bug?  If not how should I use the callback for
ParserBeforeTidy so my extension
does not add the HTML when not rendering an article? Am I using the
right callback for what I want?

Thanks
Matt