[Mediawiki-l] blocking anonymous users from posting

Kacz kacz at kaczmarowski.com
Tue Aug 15 18:14:09 UTC 2006

Add these lines to the localsettings.php file.

$wgWhitelistEdit = true; $wgGroupPermissions['*']['edit'] = false;
$wgGroupPermissions['*']['read'] = false;
$wgGroupPermissions['*']['createaccount'] = false;
$wgWhitelistRead = array( "Main Page", "Special:Userlogin" );

These will disable anons from creating accounts, editing or reading
pages.  they may only view the main page and the login page.  the sysop
must create new accounts in this model.

If you want users to create their own accounts, remove the
'createaccount' line from above.