[Mediawiki-l] Combining mediawiki with traditional database fields

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Fri Aug 11 22:16:34 UTC 2006

Hello,

What we want to build is a dossier. I know it would work REALLY well as
a wiki except for the fact that you cannot search on specific fields
(because there are none). I know I can search the content of each page
through the builtin search function but I can't search on a specific
piece of data. But I can't do "SELECT customer_name FROM table WHERE
customer_name LIKE 'blah%';"

Is there any possible way to accomplish this with mediawiki? (Or perhaps
there is another wiki with this functionality?)

Thanks!
Chris.