[Mediawiki-l] Apple's Wiki Server brings WYSIWYG to wiki

MHart wiki at matthart.com
Fri Aug 11 15:35:19 UTC 2006

>    in the minority - at least here. What are others experiences - is it
> worth
>    the price of admission to add the functionality or do I just tell'em
> that's
>    the way it is?

In the experience I mentioned, the wiki didn't have a lot of content before
switching to FCK - about 11 pages IIRC.

If you have an active community, they will likely clean it up. The pages are
still readable in FCK, but the formatting is messed up. I did not write a
conversion utility, however. For a wiki of, say, 25 or more pages, a
conversion/clean up would probably be indicated. I've wrote a conversion
from HTML help to wikitext that worked very well, converting thousands of
pages into wikitext with very little cleanup needed, so it's definitely
possible.

- MHart