[Mediawiki-l] 1.6.8 Install Problem - PHP Error

Jeremy Stout stout.jeremy at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 00:28:15 UTC 2006

Hello. I received the following trace while trying to install 1.6.8
(slightly anonymized):

# PHP 4.4.2 installed
#
# PHP server API is apache; ok, using pretty URLs (index.php/Page_Title)
# Have XML / Latin1-UTF-8 conversion support.
# PHP's memory_limit is 24M. If this is too low, installation may fail!
# Have zlib support; enabling output compression.
# Neither Turck MMCache nor eAccelerator are installed, can't use
object caching functions
# GNU diff3 not found.
# Found GD graphics library built-in, image thumbnailing will be
enabled if you enable uploads.
# Installation directory: (install path)
# Script URI path: /test-wiki
# Environment checked. You can install MediaWiki.
# Warning: $wgSecretKey key is insecure, generated with mt_rand().
Consider changing it manually.

Generating configuration file...
# Database type: mysql
# Attempting to connect to database server as (db_server)...success.
# Connected to 4.1.20-standard-log
# Database (db_name) exists
# Creating tables... using MySQL 4 table defs... done.
# Initializing data...
# Created sysop account (account_name).
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in
(path)/test-wiki/includes/Article.php on line 1073

If I look at the source-code, it stops on this line:
'page_namespace'    => $this->mTitle->getNamespace(),

The page name I defined seems to be valid (8 letter mixed-case word).

If anyone has any input on how to solve this problem, it would be
greatly appreciated. Thank you.