[Mediawiki-l] pple's Wiki Server brings WYSIWYG to wiki

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Wed Aug 9 01:25:19 UTC 2006

> From: "MHart" <wiki at matthart.com>
>
> ... Do
> you have the number of Edit clicks that didn't then result in a
> Save? That
> might be a decent indicator of first-time contribution attempts
> that failed
> for some reason - possibly intimidated by wikitext.

I encourage users to do "unsaved edits" to 1) see how various pages
work, and 2) to copy-n-paste wikitext to modify.

So on sites where I train users, I'd EXPECT there to be a large
number of unsaved edits -- I do it myself all the time!

I agree that it would be simply wonderful if we had WYSIWYG editing.
But I'm unwilling to give up anything else in order to get it.

:::: Jan Steinman, Communication Steward, EcoReality: http://
www.EcoReality.org ::::
:::: 160 Sharp Road, Salt Spring Island, BC V8K 2P6, Canada,
250.537.2024 ::::