[Mediawiki-l] Interlanguage Links

wiki at avenarius.sk wiki at avenarius.sk
Sat Aug 5 09:34:10 UTC 2006

On Tuesday, 1st August 2006 at 23:59:42 (GMT +0200), Filip Maljkovic wrote:

> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Interwiki_links
> The page thoroughly explains what you should do to enable [interlanguage] links.

Thank you, by following the instructions it was easy to set up interlanguage links.

There's a cosmetic problem with our default skin, though, which is Classic.
All interlanguage links are flagged as "external". When you switch
to the MonoBook skin, they are shown correctly as internal links.

In terms of code, MonoBook puts in, for example, <li class="interwiki-en">,
while the Classic skin inserts <a class="external"> for all interlanguage links.

Our interwiki table only states $1 for iw_url and 1 for iw_local
for all language prefixes. Still, all interlanguage links are flagged
as "external" in the Classic skin.

Would there be any fix for this, or do users preferring the Classic skin
have to live with this bug?

For an illustration of the problem, here is our Sandbox:

http://vincentdepaul.sk/skola/vincentdepaul.sk:Pieskovisko

--
Thank you,
Alex.