[Mediawiki-l] Using a Wiki for multiple projects? HELP!

Peter ipbwiki.list at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 14:04:44 UTC 2006

the wiki I'm running I use as a space for coworkers to collaborate on
various projects. There are three significant projects right now, with the
possibility of several more later. While we don't have all that many pages
in there yet (a couple hundred I believe), the more pages we add the more
difficult it's becoming to keep content separate yet organized.

Currently we're prefixing the various project page names with a designator,
which works fine. But if we do prefix, then the categories page lists all
the pages by their prefix, rather than the main page name.. I tried a test
to see if separating content out into it's own namespace would help, but it
*still* lists the page under the namespace prefix. Needless to say this can
be extremely frustrating if you've got several hundred items with a given
prefix/namespace, and they all list under "O". Also, when I place items into
their own namespace they are available on the Recent Changes list, but not
the New Pages list!

Anyway, sorry about being ranty. I guess what I'm looking for are either
ways to fix the prefixing/namespacing so things list correctly, or alternate
ways to organize content so a) projects don't step on eachother, and things
are categorized correctly as an alternative browsing method.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Peter.