[Mediawiki-l] Configure MediaWiki to show relevance in search results

RanmaSaotome at gmx.de RanmaSaotome at gmx.de
Tue Aug 1 07:01:19 UTC 2006

Hello,
I've had installed the 1.6 version of Mediawiki and imported an XML-Dump of the german Wikipedia to do some queries (and not to annoy the Wikipedia Servers to much ;-). I was hoping to get a sorted list of relevant articles as result of a "search" (by relevance in percent). This is the case in all Wikipedias. Instead I get a list grouped by "found in title", "found in article" etc with no relevance information.

Therefor I upgraded to the most recent version (1.7.1) and ran the update.php script. This didn't change the behaviour. I tried to find an option for that but had no luck.

How can I achieve search results sorted by relevance (in percent)? Thanks in advance for any help!

Regards,

Peter