[Mediawiki-l] Best strategy to populate User data from Single Sign On?

Lane, Ryan laner at NAVO.NAVY.MIL
Fri Apr 28 14:56:31 UTC 2006

There was an extension for mediawiki 1.5:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Renameuser

Not sure if it still works.

Otherwise, you may have to use some kind of login that will never change
(not terribly easy with people getting married).

If you use LDAP, you can extend my LDAP Authentication plugin to incorporate
the code from the rename user extension, and some tracking mechanism in LDAP
to tell when a user has changed names, and automatically rename their old
account.

If you verify the rename user code works, I may be able to help you with
adding it to my plugin.

Also, my plugin supports pulling preferences from the LDAP server. So you
can have their "Real Name" and "Nickname" preferences updated automatically
if it is changed in LDAP.

If you aren't using LDAP, then sorry for the bother :).

V/r,

Ryan Lane