[Mediawiki-l] After login forward to page user was trying to browse to

Rotem Liss mail at rotemliss.com
Tue Apr 25 19:05:50 UTC 2006

I think I know what's the problem: the link in the messages ("You have
to login to edit", etc.) is [[Special:Userlogin|log in]]. I suggest to
use "You have to $1 to edit"  ($1 is "log in" in the local language,
linked to Userlogin with returnto) instead of "You have to
[[Special:Userlogin|log in]] to edit", etc.

Also, we can change the links parsing, so linking to
[[Special:Userlogin]] will also generate a "returnto" link. I don't
think it's a good idea.