[Mediawiki-l] Providing local links in a wiki page

Shivakumar GN shivakumargn at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 19 10:07:40 UTC 2006

Thanks. The change worked for me.
I am using Mediawiki 1.4.4 and the below information was available in Parser.php.

But strangely though this seems to work only in IE and not firefox.

The same link in firefox does not appear as an external link (the small up arrow that indicates ext links). On clicking this, nothing happens.
But on IE the link appears properly and works properly.

I created a html offline with the "file:///<path>" to check if this was a problem with firefox. There was no problem with firefox it worked fine.

(Same problem on mozilla browser as well).

thanks and best regards
Shivakumar

"Vasiliadis, Thomas" <T.Vasiliadis at schlemmerblock.de> wrote: Hi,

I did it with the following:

I Added

   #Hinzufügen des Protokolls:"file:\\"

   $wgUrlProtocols = 'http:\/\/|https:\/\/|ftp:\/\/|irc:\/\/|gopher:\/\/|news:|mailto:|file:\\\\';

To the localsettings.php in the wiki main directory.

Now I am able to use links like

   [file:\\server\path]

That's it