[Mediawiki-l] ini_set problem upgrading 1.4 to 1.5

iubito iubito at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 06:21:58 UTC 2006

Hi !

I'm trying to upgrade my MW 1.4.14 to 1.5.6 and then I'll install the last
1.6.1.

I've a big problem, my site is
hosted on server with ugly safe_mode where the ini_set and
set_include_path both fail.

Of course, I can't run command line on this server. So I use the
config/index.php (keeping my old LocalSettings in a safe place).

config/index.php use ini_set and set_include_path, and the
include('include/Defines.php') and other includes' and languages' files
fail.

Why the updaters are all command-line ? For security reason ? How can I
bypass this (php-shell doesn't work on safe_mode), and run the code that
update the wiki ?
After that, I remove the "maintenance" folder.

Can't the include all use $IP/includes/Defines.php ? everywhere in the wiki
?

I didn't had problems when upgrading 1.4.x to 1.4.x but I don't remember how
I did for each updates.

Waiting for replies, my site is broken !

Sylvain