[Mediawiki-l] Blank page after installing 1.4.10

David Cantrell david at burdell.org
Tue Sep 27 20:17:26 UTC 2005

Hello all,

I have spent today trying to set up MediaWiki 1.4.10 on my system.  I
have tried multiple versions and I've been digging through logs and
single stepping code trying to find the break.  I have seen a few other
posts with problems similar to mine.  Usually the solution was to
upgrade, but the threads I found never continued past that.  Hopefully
someone can help me out here.

My server runs the following:
   Linux 2.6
   Apache 2.0.54
   PHP 4.4.0
   MySQL 4.1.11

The Mysql bindings in PHP work fine.  I have another PHP+Mysql site that
is working fine.

After untarring the mediawiki source, I proceed with the installation
steps.  I fill out the form and click Install and it succeeds.  Check
the database and it's created the database, tables, and user accounts.
I move LocalSettings.php in place and then click the link to move to the
main wiki page.  At this point, nothing happens.  The browser churns for
a bit waiting for a response, then stops.  The only thing I can get from
the logs that seem remotely useful is:

   [Tue Sep 27 15:49:41 2005] [notice] child pid 20206 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
   [Tue Sep 27 15:52:53 2005] [notice] child pid 20048 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
   [Tue Sep 27 15:52:53 2005] [notice] child pid 20262 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
   [Tue Sep 27 16:09:16 2005] [notice] child pid 20055 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
   [Tue Sep 27 16:09:16 2005] [notice] child pid 20735 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

If anyone has any ideas, please speak up.  I've done all of the
debugging and research I can and am met with no answers.

Thanks,

--
David Cantrell <david at burdell.org>