[Mediawiki-l] Taxonomy, navigation and hacking

Gibbons, David David.Gibbons at CaliberCollision.com
Fri Sep 23 16:03:51 UTC 2005

Good morning all... 3 questions or request for help.

I was wondering if anyone has any good suggestions for setting up a
taxonomy system for reference to a historical period.  I've been running
around in circles trying to find examples that do _not_ use the biology
system.  Don't get me wrong, that's one heck of a system but I don't
think it will work for me or I'm just lacking the learn curve to use it
as an example.

Next, has anyone solved the var in templates to extensions issues with
version 4.*?  I'm not the world leader in PHP (as a matter of fact it's
all new to me) and I'm a bit lost.

And finally, nesting navigation with dynamic drop downs:
Dynamically created Nav. with clickable dropdowns.  I've seen a few
extensions out there that dynamically create a NAV but none that will
nest other links..

Title
Title
Title <click to hide>
	Title-a
	Title-a <click to hide>
		Title-b
		Title-b
	Title-a
	Title-a
Title
Title

Etc...

Anyone seen anything like this or want to lead me by the nose to sample
code that my M$ VB$script brain can figure out and I'll try to write it?

Thanks!