[Mediawiki-l] infinite redirects

Rowan Collins rowan.collins at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 18:52:15 UTC 2005

On 20/09/05, ben wiseley <wiseleyb at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm getting inifinite redirects from all 6 wiki's on my host (Vortech). Of
> course, the host says there isn't a problem. Everything was working fine
> until last night then they all started doing this. A few of these haven't
> been changed at all in months.

This is a reasonably common problem, and it usually comes down to a
problem with ReWrite rules in the apache config. (Oh, and btw even the
first, 1.4, link you give fails for me). I also know that there are
some differences in the way different PHP handlers deal with URLs -
some of them mangle up "?"s or "&"s or something and require a special
workaround.

Sorry, this isn't very clear, and I may be barking up the wrong tree
anyway, but perhaps have a look in the archives (use Google/Yahoo/etc
with "site:mail.wikipedia.org" in the query) for people describing
similar problems.

--
Rowan Collins BSc
[IMSoP]