[Mediawiki-l] Forums inside wiki ?

Rowan Collins rowan.collins at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 23:35:48 UTC 2005

On 20/09/05, Bass, Joshua L <joshua.l.bass at lmco.com> wrote:
> I guess that will work for now. I just didn't want to change the skin
> when I add links to Mediawiki:Sidebar.

Hmm, I see what you mean, but I shouldn't think you'll need to edit
that *all* that often. But if you really wanted, I guess you could try
and copy the PHP functions which parse that (buildsidebar() in
includes/Skin.php and the part of skins/MonoBook.php which uses the
resulting array, as $this->data['sidebar']) and use them inside the
skin of the forum, either grabbing from MediaWiki's database directly,
or using "/index.php?title=MediaWiki:Sidebar&action=raw" somehow...

--
Rowan Collins BSc
[IMSoP]