[Mediawiki-l] Changing the user login system

Sechan, Gabe sechan at amazon.com
Fri Sep 16 22:18:43 UTC 2005

I'm setting up a wiki for a system that has an existing corporate login system.  We want it to be integrated with this system, rather than relying on an external one.  Especially I don't want it to set any type of cookie to check user id, as this may weaken the security of the existing system.  Basicly anywhere it figures out the user id, I'd like to pull that and rely on my code to figure out what user it is (I will still have a user table in the db, it will map external user ids to wiki ids).  Can anyone point me out to what files would need to be changed?  I'm guessing User.php, but what file actually does the logon sequence?

Gabe