[Mediawiki-l] Access based on IP address-ranges possible (Intranet)?

Marcel de Ruiter zeeforel70 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 13 06:54:15 UTC 2005

Hi there,

Were are doing a Wiki on the Intranet of a big company. We do not want to expose the Wiki to all of the company's employees, but rather restrict access to a particular group of people.

Would it be possible to provide acccess based on IP adress-ranges (not having to provide an account and password and doing all the maintenance; resetting passwords etc.)? I know that we then do not have automatically logged in editors, but is just good to know the possibility.

Anyone else having these kind of issues on an Intranet?

By the way is it actually possible to reset a password for a user?

Many thanks,

Marcel