[Mediawiki-l] Enhancement request/proposal

andyc at andy-yvonne.demon.co.uk andyc at andy-yvonne.demon.co.uk
Thu Sep 1 11:47:39 UTC 2005

    Sy> I think a proper permissions concept would be a great leap in
    Sy> mediawiki's evolution.

I agree.  While this isn't the Wiki Way, the Wiki Way isn't a concept
that fits every project needs.  I know that Wiki technology has been
discussed several times and security is always the issue.

    Sy> Stuff to think about for a "complete" solution:

Also consider having permissions set on a category basis, so that adding
a page to a category applies some permissions when can then be
overridden.

You also need a group mechanism for different groups of users, and a
permissions model for creating new pages in a given namespace,
modifying, viewing, and deleting pages.

Andy

--
Andy Cunningham    -- www.vehicle-diagnostics.co.uk
Sign on door of computing lecturer: "If your project is 90% right,