[Mediawiki-l] Category links still not being regenerated

Ben Arnold (DSLWN) BenA at datacom.co.nz
Thu Oct 27 22:14:09 UTC 2005

I'm trying to get this straight in my head. I couldn't find anything
about it in the MediaWiki handbook, so I'll update it once I get a
clearer picture.

I think what you're saying is that it's normal to have to purge after
making certain kinds of changes -- unless you're using the sophisticated
caching that the Wikimedia servers use.

In other words it's a known "feature" and not something I've done wrong
in my configuration.

Or are you saying that I've got my configuration in some messy half-way
stage where it thinks it's got sophisticated caching but it hasn't...
and that's why I'm having caching issues.

How should I solve the problem? Can I turn off caching? Or is it a
matter of teaching the users how to manually purge the cache after
certain kinds of changes?

Sorry for all the questions, but thanks for the answers. I'll make sure
it gets in the handbook!

Ben