[Mediawiki-l] Netscape 4 and mediawiki-1.4.1

Rowan Collins rowan.collins at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 20:21:14 UTC 2005

On 21/10/05, D & D Player DaGoat <dagoat0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been developing a wiki site that needs to display on systems running
> Windows 2000 running IE and Solaris running Netscape 4.7. The machines
> running IE work with no problem at all. But the Netscape 4.7 does not
> display the page so it can be read.

I'm afraid I don't know of any discussion in the archives as such, but
the page comparing screenshots of the English Wikipedia [1] suggests
that the key problem is that Netscapre 4.x only partially implements
CSS, in such a way that modern use of it breaks very easily. Perhaps
the answer in your case would be to create a new skin which uses "old
fashioned" HTML attributes to do the visual styling, rather than
CSS...

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page/Screenshots#Netscape_.28old.29

--
Rowan Collins BSc