[Mediawiki-l] 'Failed opening required' error

Kent S. Larsen II kent at lusobraz.com
Thu Oct 13 15:40:40 UTC 2005

OK, here's the current situation with this problem. If anyone has any ideas
as to how this can be resolved please let me know. If not, since it is
apparently not a mediawiki software issue, but a server issue, I'll stop
updating this list about it.

I noticed this morning that phpinfo, run from the web, shows that I'm
running php version 4.0.6. I reported this to the support people (we were
on php 4.3.9 until a few days ago!), and they ran php -v at the command
line and reported that I'm in fact running version 4.3.9.

Why would the web show a different php version? I don't know yet.

But on the web phpinfo reports php on a different server from my server! [
noir.*.* vs. mormonstoday.*.* -- *.* is the provider's common domain name
for all machines it provides]

In contrast, normal http requests are being sent to the mormonstoday
server. Why php requests are redirected elsewhere I don't know. I've sent a
message to the support people and will call them in a few minutes.

But if someone has an idea of where I can check see how this can be fixed,
please let me know.

I strongly suspect that my provider has screwed up something. But I don't
know what.

Kent