[Mediawiki-l] Re: MediaWiki Forum

Ashar Voultoiz hashar at altern.org
Sat Oct 8 11:31:36 UTC 2005

admin at mwusers.com wrote:
> I recently installed MediaWiki and was surprised to find no forum for
> users/webmasters/developers. Rather than post a complaint (like
> several others I saw), I have created one at http://www.mwusers.com .
> Anyone is welcome, of course. I registered the forum only a few days
> ago, but the software and portal are all set up and working properly.
>

> I wasn't sure how appropriate it would be to announce this here, but
> I would like other forum-oriented people like myself to know there is
> now an option.
>
> If I have violated any rules of etiquette in sending this, please
> accept my sincere apologies.
>
> Hope to see some of you there.
>
> Travis

Hello Travis,

The 'official' MediaWiki discussion channel is this mailing (mediawiki-l
on http://mail.wikimedia.org/ ).
It is relayed through gmane which allow user to browse it using nntp, a
blog interface or some kind of web interface:
  http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.org.wikimedia.mediawiki

I like the look'n feel of mwusers.com though, I will try to look at it
daily and eventually answer questions there.

cheers,

--
Ashar Voultoiz - WP++++
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Hashar