[Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki and PHPbb

Simon Wagner wagner.sim88_mw at web.de
Wed Oct 5 17:57:09 UTC 2005

Hello,
i am trying to link together PHPbb and MediaWiki 1.4. What I want to do is:
1) Install this hack: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/PHPBB/Users_Integration
2) Edit it so that it will check also the banlist of phpbb and mediawiki. If a ban is discovered in phpbb it will be added to the MW banlist
3) Create a single login, so that users who logged in at the forum dont need to login again in the wiki.
4) Do the same for phpbb

Before i start coding i want you to ask, if someone has done this before and wether he can help me.

And also, can you answer me the following questions:
Q1) Where does MW set its $_SESSION vars?
Q2) Would http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/PHPBB/Users_Integration already check if there is a ban in the MW banlist?

Thanks in advance

S.W.